Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tuesday with A

Anna had a concert last night with the Honors Orchestra ... they were VERY good. Just a bit of learning lesson for Mom. Next time I will do a bit of research about the visiting artist.

Tuesday we had rain, rain, rain.

That would be not because I washed the car, rather because we removed every interior door in the house and took them outside. The painter was showing up Tuesday morning to spray all the doors. Well ... we don't have a convenient garage to do the work in. So, no paint spraying. No doors. Curtains on doorways. And rain promised until Friday ... unless the forecast has changed.

We could not go to visit at Johnson's last night as I would have liked to do. Concert. So, we spent time before and after doing cleaning. The office/bedroom. I emptied the shredder 6 times, filled umpteen trash bags, more bags to donate ... and threw away shoes and cell phones. Getting there.

Today Brock has an appointment to hopefully remove his cast. I don't know that he will be castless completely ... perhaps a short one instead. He's ready! Yikes, but the dirt bike is calling his name again. He wants to ride it again before it goes. Not a good idea as far as I'm concerned.

3 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

did brock get his cast removed?
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Yup he sure did. Has a brace that he promised to be very good with. Still no dirtbiking! Waited to see the dr. for over an hour. I am not the patient kind ... I don't care how far behind you are or how busy you scheduled your office day. My theory is that if I showed up an hour late for an appoinment, their sense of humor wouldn't be any better than mine was!
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congrats on getting the cast off, Brock. Does your arm feel wimpy?

Anita, I agree on the office visit wait issue. Interesting that some places can keep pretty close to schedule. I panic every time I bring Debbie to the orthodontist. We got there less than five minutes late one time and they glared at us and reminded us of our appointment time. Debbie and I vowed to each other that we would never be late again. Interesting though that you can be in and out within minutes at that office. They have no waiting.

Then of course, we have proably all been on the side of an issue turning our 15 minute appointment into a 2 hour one and there is no way the staff can keep everyone behind us on track. I try remember those times when I am waiting and waiting and waiting. I am sure someone else is being cared for that has a bigger issue than mine. Oh well.
-b