Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Garbage











Anita sent me a "Thoughts" journal for Christmas with a nice poem
that basically stated....record my thoughts about the little things
Tristan does, because as much as you think you will remember all
of the cute little things, you don't always recall them. So, yesterday
was the first day I can say that I REALLY thought I should record
something. Which is sad, really, EVERYDAY he does something worth
recording. He is definitely a little character. So, I was putting away dishes
when I had heard him playing with the little empty bathroom garbage can.
For at least 7 minutes I heard the banging of this little can and then silence
intermittently. He was taking the garbage can over his head, then waiting
for me to turn around and look at him. Honestly, I stage photos sometimes,
but in this instance, it was ALL TRISTAN! I couldn't stop laughing, my belly
actually hurt from laughing so hard. He knew this was funny and knew I
was going to laugh. That's definitely a part of his Daddy in him, doing something
to make somebody laugh. : )

The first significant snowfall of winter, we played in it. And the other is his bathtime
reminding me of "captain hook" with the drain cups in his hands. : )








6 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

what a beautiful and charming kid! the snow picture makes it look like we've got a ton of snow - kind of like in old pics of us when we were little kids with huge snow forts.

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

remember the igloo? or, am i one of the few who was around way back then?

fun pics! makes you just want to buy the kiddo a new trash can for christmas doesn't it? i always thought my should have a new set of cookware. will have to find some old pics to post some day.

thanks for sharing!
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are so cute. Oh the memories he will be reminded of some day.
Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

He is SOOOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing. Thanks as well for the reminder to record those cute little things they say and do. Time flies and the cute things are only a memory, but then the memory goes! Ma, can you relate? ...I guess it is one reason I have always loved pictures. They are my "memory mints."

-b

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Yes, please do record things he
does and later things he says. I
thought I'd remember but I'm sorry,
I don't. Cute pics. Thanks. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Boy if that picture doesn't bring
back memories of washing kids in
the sink! And while living at
Grandma's, in her very deep sink!

We have a picture of the fort
somewhere. Is it on the old movies
VHS tape? dk