Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jenny

I posted pictures of our family pets on the Forstie blog about a week ago, but was not able to copy and paste it over here. So I am just going to redo it here. Normal people have dogs, cats, birds or fish for pets....but not us. Nope. We like to be different. We have termites! And I am telling you, they are the nastiest little creatures that you have ever seen! Well, their days are numbered here now...we got our house treated last week! Thank goodness, they were starting to give me nightmares! The only rooms we have seen them in inside are the computer room (off the family room) and the family room. If they were in any of the bedrooms, I think I would have treated the house a long time ago...I wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing they could be falling down on me! Here are a few pictures to show you what they look like. Be prepared to be disgusted! The first three pictures are the same picture, just blown up a little closer in each one. These are the tracks they build to stay in the dark as they are coming down looking for water. (mind you, these tracks are made out of OUR HOUSE that they are slowly destroying!! Infuriating!)
The picture of Frans' finger is just to give you an idea of how long the tracks can get over night! And if you look closely, you can see the termite at the end of the track trying to reach frans' finger! Gross!
The last picture is just to show you how they treat your house. They drill these holes all the way around your house, put the treatment in(I didn't watch them do that), then patch up the holes. I should not see any more signs of termites after 90 days....and I have a two year warranty. At first I was embarrassed to say we had them, but it does not matter how clean/new your house is, they will go anywhere. Aren't they nasty?
We had an awesome day yesterday, we left in the morning and went up to Flagstaff to play in the snow....boy was there snow!! And it was COLD, but tons of fun...the kids had such a ball:) I will post some pictures of our day soon.
In other news, we spent an enjoyable day today at Marjanen's. They had a lot of the youth over (that went on the Lake Powell trip with Jari and others), and Bruce & jody Barber, and Juha & Annette Marjanen over for a bbq, and to celebrate Jari's birthday. Was a lot of fun, and got several games of Settlers in after everyone else left. And that is always a good time. Anna and Tia came over to spend the night, and the girls didn't get to sleep till midnight! We stayed way too late! Am hoping they all sleep in in the morning!! (wishful thinking I'm sure!)
Well, I am off to bed myself....(Jari told me today, that he can always tell my posts, because they are the only ones done at 1:00a.m.!!!
Happy monday everyone!
Jenny

3 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Glad I ate lunch before looking at this.....yuk!!!!! What a bummer!
Jo

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Jenny, we had those nasty things when I lived with Barbie and Michelle. We got them treated and they weren't there long after that. I, however, didn't bother getting so up close. It's cool to see what they look like, but they are so disgusting. Is there any damage to your house? It is amazing that creatures so small can eat your house.
Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

May I invite you to move to Minnesota? You can play in the snow, as you did in Flagstaff, much more often. Plus, there are no termites here :-)

We would welcome you here and I will volunteer to put mosquito dope on your kids or on your lawn when they invade in May :-)

-b