Monday, May 01, 2006

FARMINGTON

Not much new here...just wanted to share my new painting technique. I took a class on faux painting about a month ago and tried it out on the bathroom downstairs. I am so amazed at how it turned out. I used 2 colors of gray (1 dark and 1 lighter) and faux painted that first then I bagged on some accent metalic silver over that and it turned out so nice!!! I only did one accent wall and it looks so nice with black rugs and black towels, black shower curtain (which I already had) and with the chrome towel hangers. Dave didn't know I had the talent but this class taught me so many different methods. Elizabeth, I think I have this down now (unlike your bathroom experiment-smiles), Would not claim to be an expert by no means but it sure is fun to try something new and have it turn out.
Anyone free for May 20th? We are planning to have a BBQ for Frans, Jenny and girls. If anyone else could join us for the day that would be GREAT! We are going to set up beanbag horseshoes and we also have the real horseshoes as well. Should be a fun time if you can make it! Just let me know who can attend and I will plan food accordingly! I am pretty sure that Missi and Ivan are coming and I haven't gotten a hold of Charlie and Machelle yet but am hoping that they can make it as well. It has been awhile since the Northern Kuoppala's and Randall's have been down and although I do know Frans and Jenny plan on going up north as well to Becky and Wayne's , it would still be nice if you could make it down for the day, we would love to have you.

8 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Jody, we won't make it. Frans and
Jenny know we won't even be in Minn. when they are here. :)

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Was that comment from you Mom? I knew you were going to be gone...bummer! The guys will absolutely have NO competition if Reino is not on hand for horseshoes. He is always the one to beat! Ringer King!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I would love to come, but have to work that Saturday. I bet Wayne would love to come with at least some of the kids if that would be ok. I will check with him. (The kids would love to come also.) -b

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I was hoping you had posted a picture of the bathroom wall! I am anxious to see it. If I can't come on the 20th, maybe I can come another time soon. -b

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I want to see the artwork Jody! Can you get a picture on here?
-anita

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I will try and get a picture tonight and post (if it turns out.
Becky, yes Wayne and all of the kids are welcome, sorry that you can not make it. We have a park about a 1/2 block from our house with basketball, volleyball, swings etc., and a swing set in our backyard so should be plenty of fun stuff to do. Maybe we could even get in a big game of valleyball going at the park (it is a sand pit valleyball court) plus there are tennis courts very close as well. Would be fun to have everyone over! Let me know how many so I can plan food accordingly. Thanks for the response.

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

The nothern Lindula's aren't sure if they can make it or not. I hate to say this, but probably not. We have a lot of work to do in a very little amount of time. We are getting ready for an auction and garage sale this week. Then, when the fields dry up again, I have a lot of discing to do. We have one field that has not been done for a while and it needs to be disced, ashes spread, planted, etc. All this has to be done so we have hay in July and not the end of September. So, sorry, but spring is farmer time for the Lindula's
=(.
As I sit in the hot tractor and enjoy the dust clogging every pore, eye socket, and ear, I will think of the enjoyment others are having playing volleyball. Then, with great regret, I will mutter under my breath, "Who needs hay anyway?".
Have a good day!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Sorry Heather that you and Shawn can not make it down. (I am glad that you knew I meant Lindula's as well when I said Northen Kuoppala's...)
We will be thinking of you.