Monday, August 27, 2007

Traveling weekend

Wow, I put on a few miles on my car this weekend! Friday night I went to my apartment and was able to relax with paints before bed. Saturday I awoke to go shopping in St. Cloud before heading to Little Falls. A friend of mine had a baby eight months ago, so was finally able to meet the little one. Since it was nearing 6pm I decided I would attend haps! Went to Brainerd and enjoyed visiting with everyone, though I felt bad that I chose a weekend with Mom and Isa gone! I fell asleep that night reading a book in my apartment again. Sunday afternoon I came back down to pick up Cody and the two of us went to the State Fair. We walked and walked and walked and got in part of a horse show and then walked some more. For those who don't know, I am planning on tutoring Cody during the school year. It was neat to be able to see what he is really interested in, talk one-on-one about what he wants to do when he grows up, and just have some fun before he begins to hate me! I did, however; get some good ideas on how to help with him getting interested in learning some things. It'll be a challenge, but I am ready for it! I remember how I dreaded Chemistry until Elizabeth taught me how it could be fun! I remember how all of you got me into reading and history. If you all could get me through school, I should be able to help him to get caught up! BUT. . . that's my weekend. Now I should get going and get some work done. Hope you all were able to enjoy the weekend!
~jen~

2 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Hi Jen, Sounds like a fun weekend.

This weekend Shawn and I were going camping with some friends, but due to fire restrictions we didn't go. We wouldn't have been able to have a bonfire or grill so the big debate was what do you do after it gets dark at 8:30 and you can't see anything anymore. We decided not to go.
So, instead: I didn't really do anything on Friday night or Saturday. Got some biking in on the weekend, helped Shawn unload wood that he had done that will later become a pole barn and garage for us. It was a nice weekend just staying home too and unexpected time to do more chores.

Off to Seattle on Thursday!

Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Sounds like it was a busy one Jen. Some weekends I feel like I got more visiting in than in an entire month. Amazing how that happens!

I worked yesterday, Martta came down yesterday, and today we went shopping. Spent less than $20 at Ikea, but it was fun. Alyx & Brock came along .. I think we called it a cultural field trip??!? Home for a quick nap .. dinner .. some homework with Tia .. off shopping again. To Office Max for paper .. Big 5 for shoes for Jari .. TJ Maxx for a dress that I didn't find and a new piece of luggage that we did find .. to Scottsdale Fashion Square where I hit paydirt!! Finally!! Wearing some old, some new for the wedding .. but I will be dressed. That is certainly a bonus at this point in the game. Also found a clearance rack at a store that had an additional 25% off. I absolutely love the look of their clothes and was just pumped to find a few things.

Martta leaves bright and early in the morning. I am hopefully not going to work bright and early .. requested I be first on the vto (voluntary time off) if they are overstaffed. Otherwise .. will work tomorrow .. come home and finish laundry .. do homework with kids .. pack .. probably not sleep .. and head to the airport at about 4:00 Wednesday morning. I should sleep the whole way to Seattle. See you there!
-a