Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Life on the Range

Hello from our home on the range. For our anniversary, Shawn and I went out to eat on Friday (27th) at the Jamaican restaurant in Gilbert. It was good and the first time we had been there. Saturday, we had the Arola reunion.

Ellen, Hazel, Teresa
Rosie, Walter, and Millie
After the reunion, we went up the north shore and returned home on Sunday night. It was fun to get away for a night and the weather there was much cooler than at home. (Thanks a bunch to Laurie for watering my babies so I didn't have to stress about them!)
Split Rock Lighthouse

Gooseberry Falls

Anita and Jari came on Tuesday and we were able to spend time with them. It was so much fun. Tuesday night, playing with the animals, etc. Wednesday, I had to work and had a meeting that night and they went to see Gary, Laurie, and Tristan. Thursday, I left work early and Anita, myself, and the girls got some shopping in, then we went to the county fair. They left Friday AM. Saturday, I met Mom, Isa, and Jen in Esko and rode with them to Michigan for Alyx's confirmation. Jen brought a cake for Mom's birthday in the motel that night:




Confirmation was Sunday, then we all drove back together, stopping to eat and then at Leona and Terri's.



It's been a busy but very fun past couple of weeks. A girl could get used to this. I have a busy week again this week, but not with so much fun stuff. We have block parties in Eveleth tonight for the National Night Out. Thursday night another meeting, then a bike ride on Saturday. I have 51 miles to do and haven't been biking. Finally got on my exercise bike last night and did 15 miles to prepare for Saturday. Am hoping to get outside biking, or at least the exercise bike if it is too late every night this week. 51 miles is sounding a bit intimidating to me now, being as I haven't been biking.
Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Wow! Great Picture of the Lighthouse and Gooseberry! Beautiful! You will do great on the ride. : ) My dad said he saw you mowing last night and the part you were mowing didn't look to smooth, then he laughed. : )
Very nice pictures!
LK. : )

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Heather:
I was meaning to ask you how the Jamaican food was? What did you all order? Happy belated anniversary!
Dave and I are planning on coming up in September, over Labor Day weekend with the boat. It is his class reunion. The weekend starts out with a football game on Friday night and then a picnic and dinner on Saturday. Don't know how much of the reunion he wants to take in but I know he wants to go see everyone on Friday night but then wants to go fishing on Saturday. So if all goes well (with work), we will be up in September.
Hope to see you then!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Laurie,
I was wondering who drove by and waved. That answered that question. No, it sure isn't smooth mowing.

Jody,
I ordered tangerine kissed mahi mahi and Shawn got Jamaican jerked pork or something like that. It was really good.
It will be a bummer that I won't be able to see you guys over Labor Day weekend. I'm going to be out west for Eric's wedding.
Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

happy belates anniversary Heather and Shawn. Frans