Thursday, July 20, 2006


Ryan's truck broke down the day before the wedding while Amber was on her way to Anchorage to pick up the wedding flowers. Thank goodness it was an easy fix. Amber said, "just go ahead and do rehearsal without us". I have been to quite a few wedding rehearsals in my "short" life and this is the first time I've seen it run through only once. Organized girl that Amber we know and love!



Amber with Jenna and two of her sisters. The pictures were done and we were waiting for a 4:00 wedding to start at 2:45. Wow!!

Camera lessons ... camera just didn't agree with either one of us!

Welcome to the family. Laulainen family goes through the receiving line.


Lilacs! Oh, I miss the scent of those.
These other flowers were everywhere growing in the wild.

Jari river fishing with his catch of what I believe is red salmon.





View coming down the river. Jari & I passed by the river rafting trip. I counted bodies and I counted boats ... then decided I would come back some other day! Jari's parents went on the trip as did Jen. Never say you are too old ... lousy excuse. I believe Pekka & Laina (tho' a bit chilly on the ride) will talk about this trip for the rest of their lives.















A bonfire the evening of the wedding. It is probably 12:30 at night and the sun is still shining. Kids (big & little) were shooting off fireworks ... just a bit hard to see their brilliance in the sunshine!
This is a coffee stand. They are absolutely everywhere. You are driving down some heavily wooded road and there will be another one. Not kidding ... probably 1 every 2 miles at least ... sometimes more frequently. Might be just the place for a coffee drinker like me!

9 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love looking at them!
Looks like a memorable event for all who attended!
Farmington Jo

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

HOW did you get so many pictures on one post? Whenever I try, it only lets me do five at a time! Looks like Alaska and the wedding were tons of fun! I love her viel:) Who married them?
So how much fish did Jari bring home? You'll have to invite us over for a fish fry soon!! ;) That would be pretty wild to have it stay light all day! I can see how one would be confused!
great pictures....post some more!!
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Amber is beautiful. Looking at the picture of the mountain...ooh, I hope to go to Alaska someday...Missing mountains. Neat to know that all of those coffee shops are NOT a Starbucks or a Caribou!!!! : )

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Whoever wrote that last comment....HI!! We are on here at the same time:)
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Yep, that'd be me. Laurie : ) Forget to write my name in here. : )

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Alaska has continuous fundraisers for the purpose of building a church. I think we ate the salmon up there ... at least most of it. The only fish that came home was from charter fishing trips. Fish fry coming up soon!

Don't know how I got that many pics on here. Could be that my files are much smaller than yours, Jenny.

Wedding was performed by George Koivukangas. He called his wife and told her to start packing. :) Would not be surprised if he shows up there someday with a U-Haul.

-anita

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

if you can post more it looks like you had an awsome trip :)

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

if you really want .... i have 970 pictures on cd's now ....... you might want to rethink!
-anita

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Thanks for all the pictures! Really fun to see!
-becky