Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lindula's

I hope everyone is doing well.

I just thought I'd give an update on our weekend here. We had the opportunity to spend time with Brock, Anna, and Tia while Anita was in Alaska. I don't know that the kids want to come and stay with us again anytime soon.

Thursday night we went to Elbow Creek Ranch. All 3 kids got to ride horses (Tia for the first time) and loved it.

Friday: I had the day off of work, so we went fishing. I don't actually know how many times my line got wet. We were fishing off a dock, so there were many hooks to change, baiting of the hooks, and untangling of the line. Then, we feasted on McDonald's. Anna called Liz and Liz brought us root beer floats, but being as there was an hour, the kids helped me weed the flower bed. (I only lost a few flowers - they didn't realize they weren't weeds) Friday night, all 3 got to experience hay making. They were working hard rolling, throwing bales, and scratching. Total bales put up on Friday night was 700 or 750. They didn't have a problem sleeping that night. The comment heard most often was "I don't feel right". I'm still not sure if it was wanting to vomit, sore muscles, or what.

Saturday, we went to my boss's home and fished there. They got the experience of bating their own hooks and much to my amazement, Brock actually touched a leech and put it on his hook. I didn't think he ever would; he claimed that he wouldn't. We caught 28 blue gills and 1 bass. Then, they got to swim, eat Poor Gary's Pizza, kayak, canoe, and cover me in Lilly Pads. After all the fun, it was back to work. More hay. Total that night was 500. Once again they didn't have a problem sleeping at night.

Sunday, we went to church, played games, then they went w/ Laurie for a while. Sunday night we had a fish fry and ate all the fish they had caught the day prior. Brock was very excited to miss the rest of the picking up of hay bales. Everyone else was tired of it, so Shawn and I finished the last 80-100 bales.

Monday, they had to be at my house by themselves. The night before, we came up with a plan for them. Anna and Tia came up with their own list of chores they were going to work on. The greatest part is the list (scrub toaster, scrub coffee pot, clean Jen's room, etc.). They didn't do anything on the list (Remember, I didn't make the list, they did. My only request was that my house be in one piece when I got home and that Anna put the dinner in the oven. I asked them to play games, sleep, play outside, whatever). They did all that. I got an emergency call that one of my horses was out and going down the driveway. I cruised home and my horse was out, but standing right by the fence next to the others. We worked on fence. I hate being shocked and am not interested in touching the fence to see if it works. Tia didn't mind, so was the official fence toucher. She was crazy. Anna got shocked without realizing that it was going to happen. Brock convinced Tia to put one hand in the horse water and touch the fence with the other. She did and admitted that she really hurt right around the proximity of her heart. They were really enjoying themselves. Monday night, they went to ride horses again at Elbow Creek Ranch. Laurie said that they were laughing and giggling and really enjoying themselves.

Now, Shawn and I are ready to hit our recliners and listen to our clocks tick again. It was a lot of fun and we are hoping that it can happen again another time but maybe not tomorrow.

Heather

5 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Sounds like quite the eventful, fun few days you all had!! Did Jen take any pictures at the wedding? She should post some if she did.
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I haven't been able to talk to Jen about the wedding yet. If she did take pictures, I don't think she has a way to post them. Hopefully Anita will post some. Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I will definately post pics. Problem is that the camera I'm carting around has something like 558 pictures on it. So ... you may have to wait until next week! Wedding was a blast & Alaska was absolutely beautiful. Special thanks to Heather & Shawn for "entertaining" my kids. They are plumb tuckered out today & enjoying lazing around. Do you need any more hay put up??? I almost headed home this morning for Ben's funeral, but decided to stay here. There will be a service and burial in Rockford on Monday, so will leave after that. Talked to Jeanette this afternoon and feel better about staying here & not heading out. Crafting bags are out in the living room here ... time to go see what I have for Mines & Pines ... what to finish .. what to START?? ... will be fun!
-anita

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

WADDA COUNTRY...

Our aunts make us grab electric fences and get a kick out of it. i mean.. how can you convince your friends your no longer brain dead..?! wow.. had to say it was a good laugh though ;)

--The first nephew she picked on

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I love the fact that there were eager individuals to touch an electric fence to see if it was working. This aunt made it very clear that she wasn't foolish enough to touch it. Those that did deserve metals of bravery, for they are very gutsy folks. (for the record, no aunt MADE anyone touch an electric fence). This aunt did laugh hysterically at those who chose to do so. Especially when one's brother convinces his littlest sister to put her hand in water and touch the fence with the other hand and she does.
I know my experience of touching the grounding rod and fence was enough to send my heart beat racing. I'm not eager to repeat the experience. I, however, did learn from the kids. I touched the fence in the field to ensure that no, it continues to not be working.
It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.
Heather