Friday, November 14, 2008

Life in Cannon






Charlie saw this bee hive and thought of making some honey ~ I thought I should run as fast as I can and get home to read a book. So to please the both of us, thought I would share a few pictures with you all. My library, at my tiny apartment, awaits me while Charlie is taking orders. He did ask who I thought wanted honey! Any orders? I'm leaving so he can work alone to fulfill any that he gets. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Am hoping that early next week I can post some more pictures of my apartment, so you all can see where I call home now. Before I can pick up a book, the christmas decorations have to be put up. Had gotten a huge start on it, so should really only take a couple more minutes!

~jen~

6 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I don't think bees migrate! They
must still be in there but perhaps
a little slow or asleep from the
cold. I wonder if honey bees are
somewhere else. That's some reading for you Jen. Thanks for
posting pictures. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

looks like a wasps nest to me. Do not think you should take to many orders for honey from that nest. Honey bees make the honey in honey comb I am pretty sure. Once years ago we took down a nest like that at the lindula place in december and brought it inside. After a little bit of warming a couple of wasps started to crawl out. We brought the thing right back outside. Remember that Gary?
Frans

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

heh Yep, wasp... hornet... Its not a honey bee nest. But.... It IS the size of a honey jar ;-) And I do love honey... on my peanut butter!
Charlie

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Oh, and... This nest hasn't been used for a while, its missing a few chunks that the pictures don't show. But, just for safety sake, I hid the nest under Jens desk, just incase something does come out when it warms up.

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Jen,
I think you should get a few more books :L

Charlie,
did you spray the hive before taking it down?

Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Hmmmm ... now I have this clear memory of a wasp nest and stepping in it. The bees were less than thrilled with me. Do you want one of those honey comb boxes in case you find some honey producing bees? Found one over here.

How about having a bonfire with the nest being the kindling? Lawn chair and one of those books to read by firelight?

I'd love the library .. but not if the nest is under the desk. :)
-a