Monday, November 10, 2008

Honey do list

Just wanted to drop a note and update you all on the progress @ our house project. We got the outside finished in the nick of time, it's getting too cold out to do some of the things we just finished(such as painting). All of the windows that I'm replacing are in (the porch windows are going to stay until I rebuild the porches). The old siding has been off for a while now, for those of you who don't know, the house came with two layers of siding the top one of which we removed exposing cedar lap siding underneath which we cleaned up and painted. I knew there were two layers of siding on the house prior to purchase, but I didn't know what condition it was in. Original plan was to remove both layers and install Hardi Plank siding at a cost of about 2500, for grins I redid the math for the cost of the 6" clear cedar siding that we now have, it came to 10500! Wow! Anyway, now we're going crazy on the inside trying to get it done as quickly as possible so we can insulate. We have the fireplace going burning up the scrap wood from demolition to get some free heat until I can hook up the furnace to all the rooms. Can't wait for that day. Catch you all later, will update when I can. Ivan

5 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Thanks for update. Have been
wondering how it is going. I wanted pictures of the job in
progress but haven't gotten as many
as I had hoped. Won't make much of
a CD with what I have. Jen was
going to get some for me but don't
think that has happened either. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I don't think Jen has any pictures, she stopped by once but I don't think she had a camera with her. Missi has been taking lots of pictures, but I'm not set up to post pictures on the blog. I use the computer at work before my shift starts. If I went to Paul and Kathy's or Dave and Jody's I'm sure I could post pictures, but I don't have time for that. Ivan

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

What I wanted the pictures for was
to make you and Missi a CD when all
is said and done. But like so many
things I plan to do, don't get done. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Isn't it so much fun to see progress ... even if the progress isn't nearly as fast as we'd like sometimes? We now have 2 bathrooms here. :-) Still need tape, mud, texture, paint and floors ... but we can now have 2 folks on commodes at the same time. We just keep working on things when Jari is home. Is good. He has projects to work on while he is home and we all enjoy it!
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Sounds like fun?