Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thinking of the days of long ago

Hey all you soupers!
I was looking through the email I got of the news headlines in the Mesabi Daily News and I see that Tony Jagunich has passed away. How many of you remember him? Nick's son. I thought of the memories I have of him at the Eveleth Spur and the stories that Doug would tell of him. Then I started thinking of Doug and the black and white floors in his house, his photo albums that he would show me whenever I went to visit him. Could never tell when he was joking or when he was telling the truth! But when thinking of Doug can't help but think of Frank too. The walking sticks - the lessons of life that he was so willing to teach - the smile - the wave - the visits at the bridge - the stearn talking when he saw me doing something wrong - the gentle hands...

The joys of the fond memories of those that we were surrounded by! But now I will put my rambling memories aside and hit the road. Working at the shelter this weekend and am looking forward to it.

Mom and Isa, when are you leaving for your travels?
~jen~

4 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Memories.... Thanks for sharing Jen!

Fun to see another version of the family photo. How many are out there?
-b

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

We leave on Tues. a.m. on 2-16. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

And to think ... I don't think that I ever saw the inside of Doug's house. He was certainly a constant on the porch every time I went by. :)
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I still marvel at Frank "If you walk around barefoot, you will step in dog poop, then the worms will enter between your toes and you will get really sick or die". Not a joke, he tried to get me to wear shoes!!! I try to tell Shawn that I can't help with vacanating cattle, preg checking, or any of those other things as the "poop could get between my fingers, the worms could enter, and I could die" Hasn't gotten me out of any work yet, but I'm determined :)
H.