Our world on Saturday looked like this. Driving down Palmer Wasilla Highway toward Palmer, the mountains ahead were gorgeous. Could have sat out there all day long and watched the clouds making them completely different every could of minutes.
Jumped in the car and took a 20 minute spin outdoors with the camera. Glad I did. Woke up Sunday to the world covered in white ... not just the mountains. Brock survived a nerve wracking "playing family taxi" day on Monday. His first experience with the driving in the white stuff. Hoping the weather gives me a chance this weekend to grab some photos ... and I'll share.
In other stuff over here:
- Blayde is still studying ... Accounting and CAD this 5 week block of classes
- Alyx is being the High School Senior and working at the assisted living facility
- Brock is working at getting a job and it looks like he will hit the Honor Roll this semester
- Anna has school, nose in the book and friends keeping her busy
- Tia is Tia
- The cabin now houses Blayde and Fred Kako ... he moved up here nearly a month ago
- Samuli, a Finn foreign exchange student, is living here with us going to the Colony with the kids and will be here until May. It has been a learning experience for all of us!
- I'm still working 40 hours a week ... hopefully passing out more pain pills than puke buckets while I'm there during the day.
- Jari has been working at whatever he can get his hands on. Doing small remodeling jobs and whatnot. He has also been working on the storage room in the basement. It is nearly done. Now someday when I have a small bit of extra energy .... I need to go organize down there. Will be nice!
- We cook, clean, laugh, study, run our tails off being busy at who knows what, and are generally keeping busy at making it though daily life!