Wednesday, October 22, 2008

AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL CENTER HERE I COME

YEAHHHH
I got the job! Just got the phone call. I now have to go through a security background check and get my clearance then I can start. Thinking it will take 2-4 weeks as the government tends to move a little slow! (smiles) I had my interview 6 weeks ago and just received the call today.
Now what ths means for my family...Insurance for one!...plus benefits that are simply amazing. 13 sick days per year and 13 vacation days per year plus 10 paid holidays (yes that is 36 days per year) and it starts on day 1. You accumulate 8 hours per pay period (every 2 weeks). Plus a retirement plan that is quite nice. Best part is not worrying about getting laid off in the winter.
I am so excited I could bust!
Dave is finally slowing up a bit at work, nothing like pushing things to the last day as they usually end their season on the 15th of November.
Tanner is counting his days till he graduates (haha). He has plans on attending Mankato State next fall and will more and likely live with my sister and her husband while attending school. At least we have that much figured out. Mitchell is growing like a weed. We measured him in the garage over the weekend and he has grown 2 inches since June. No wonder I can't keep him in pants (jeans) as he grows out of them overnight. He is going to be tall like his Daddy!
Hope everyone is doing well, snow will be here soon, looking forward to the holidays. I have a great deal of shopping done already as I hate to wait until the last minute!
Take care all!
Farmingtin Jo

8 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congratulations Jody! That is awesome that you got it!!
You should post some pictures on here of you and Dave and the boys:)
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

That is so AWESOME!! Congratulations! I'm just beaming!
~j~

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congratulations. When it took so long to hear
I was getting worried. But like you said the
government is slow. (Reino waited 2 years for
his separation notice from the military and he
started waiting for it just before basic) dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congratulations Jody. I don't know if Missi keeps up with the blog or not so I'll let her know next time I see her. Ivan

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Ivan:
I like how you say "next time I see her". (smiles) Are you putting in overtime again?
Worst part about this whole thing is I have to go shopping. You know I hate to shop! I need to get me some clothes, have been wearing jeans to work for 7 1/2 years, need some dress pants. I told Dave I was going to Goodwill (haha) he said "that's my girl"! good laughs!!!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congratulations on the job! That's great news. Wow, 36 days off in a year - over 1 month off :)
Heather

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Congratulations Jody!!! That is so awesome. Benefits mean so much ... and 36 days off don't hurt either. Wish I could come shopping with you. That might just be a hoot. :)
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Can I post belated Congratulations?!!! I have been accessing the blog from work where I can't see comments and cannot post comments. I hope you are adjusting well to your new job! Congrats again, -b