Wednesday, July 02, 2008

summer flyin' by






Here are some pictures of Gary's place. Though it has been awhile since I said I would take them, thought I would post them. The first one is the outside of his barn/garage. For those of you who remember where the culvert is/was between the two fields, that's where I was standing looking both up and down the driveway. As you can see, his driveway comes out directly across from Miriam's garage.
I was able to spend three weekends, in a row, up on the Range which was a lot of fun! The first weekend was just chillin out. Heather and I were able to go for a 4-wheeler ride to Velma's and was able to visit her again. We then went to Gary's to snap these pictures, though he wasn't home. That evening though, him and Tristan stopped in at Heather and Shawn's so glad I was able to see him after all. That Sunday, Howard Parks was scheduled up there. Always neat to be able to visit with him and Linda. The second weekend I didn't get up there until late Saturday night, after picking up Heather from the airport. That Sunday morning, I rode with Liz to Wisconsin for Lee & Terry's 40th Anniversary. Though we were unable to stay for the entire thing, was able to be there long enough to give hugs to all and chat with everyone. From there we headed straight to Eveleth for a "Volunteer Appreciation" event for Horizon's. And the third weekend was Land of the Loon where Heather and I were able to walk around and think how neat it would be to make more things if either of us had more time! And, of course, was able to sample way to many types of food! And I was able to attend my first "Bike Rodeo" where the last picture was taken.
Now I plan to stay put for a couple weeks. This past Saturday, was able to get in some garage saling with Riitta and catch up with her since it's been awhile. Then off to St. Cloud to purchase an air conditioner! No more sitting in the apartment, dripping with sweat and silently crying that is only 65 degrees outside! Straight from St. Cloud, I headed out to Litchfield to spend the evening at Tarja's. Was excited that Sonja and Renee were able to come there so I could finally see Renee's new baby. For those of you who may not know or remember: Tarja and Riitta are Jari's sisters and Sonja and Renee are Riitta's daughters (Amber is there sister). Opted against going to the Sunday School Picnic in either Cokato or Elk River and instead enjoyed a day of pure relaxation! This long weekend will be spent at Summer Services. Glad they are in Cokato this year, so I can attend them. Anxiously awaiting to see some people that I haven't seen for awhile! Two of which are Mom and Isa!
Hope you all have a wonderful July 4th weekend!
~j~

1 comment:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

This road into Gary's is over a new
culvert. The old one is about 500?
feet west of new. The chokecherry
bushes were by the old one but they
have died so no more chokecherry
jelly from that source. dk