Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You know you're tired when ....

You know you're tired when ....

I ran to the post office today on my way home from work. Made a quick stop at the grocery store. Was thrilled that I could use my Safeway card at Carr's so I didn't have to pay over $7 for 18 eggs. The cashier rang up my items. I slid my debit card and she looked at me and said "your card has been declined". Don't you love those moments??? The thing is ... I know the card is good. So what had I just done? She asked me if I slid my Safeway card instead of the debit card. No, didn't do that. I slid my DRIVERS LICENSE through the machine. Like the state of Arizona is going to pay for my groceries or something. Don't bother trying it ... it doesn't work. I decided that if I couldn't remember to use a debit card instead of a driver's license to pay for food ... it was time for a nap. The nap was great.

Yesterday Tia turned 11 years old. 12 years ago I would have never imagined this day would come. I had a houseful of little people then .. my own and others I "borrowed". Now my baby is 11 years old. Two short years and I'll have yet another teen in the house. Anita Laulainen shares the same birthday (she truned 12) so we had a joint party over at Ray & Brenda's house. It was a lot of fun!


Time to go swap some laundry. For some reason the dryer doesn't keep up with the washing machine. Maybe it's balking at the cold too. I'ts -4 out there right now. Just a tad chilly ... but the wind isn't blowing. Life is good!

2 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Happy Birthday Tia!!!
Heather and Shawn

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Temp. here at 8:30 CST is +20.
Yesterday we went to Eveleth for
the Kaleva "Pikkujoulu". Lots of
people as it was for both the men's
and ladies Kaleva and everyone could bring a guest. Hadn't seen most of the members since the
Christmas meal at the DeLuxe the
evening of Julia's visitation.

Stopped at Crossroads on our way
home. Asked gal working the till
if she was Andrea's daughter. She
was! I can't remember names but can still recognize family resemblance. Asked if we had
lived by the creek. Told her to
tell her mom that Anita has moved
to Alaska.