Monday, February 09, 2009

A few of my favorite things.....

Actually just one of my new favorite things: Craigslist. For those of you who haven't shopped or sold on it, try it out.

I was looking on it the other week and saw that someone wanted a pygmy billy goat. Great, I had 2 to sell. Contacted him and he came to pick one up (and I got him to buy another pygmy goat that was due to kid any day). He drove from South of Hinkley!

We decided to sell all of our layer hens and get new ones. Basically, they had all quit laying or had really cut back. Rather than trying to feed them all and not get any eggs (they need to earn their keep), we decided to get rid of them. Shawn was going to take them out back and eliminate them, but agreed to me posting them on Craigslist. We sold them. Now our new ones should be in the end of this week. The person who came to buy them was from Mora!

Another ad was looking for a baby pygmy, angora, or fainting goat. Well, I had a little pygmy baby born on 12/27. She went out the door yesterday to an individul from International Falls!

I have another posting on Craigslist to sell the rest of my pygmy goats and am hoping that the people I've been corresponding with will want them.

I think I found a new hobby of selling things, but am going to run out of things to sell before too long!

2 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I love craigslist too Heather! Everytime we have sold anything, we have put it on there, and it has sold in days. cars, tent trailer, etc..Love it!
Jenny

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I'm going to go to Walter's and take pictures of things that he wants to sell and will post them for him. It opens up another whole venue of sales. He has relied on word of mouth sales and this may open up doors for him. He tries so hard to sell some things of his.
Heather