Thursday, January 08, 2009

Time in Alaska




















Hello Everyone!
Thought I would put a few pictures of my trip to Alaska for all to see. As you know, I was able to go to Anita and Jari's Christmas Eve and stay until New Year's Eve. Time was spent relaxing and visiting, reading a book, listening to the beautiful music that was played and sung, sight seeing, and learning how to play Settlers and playing other games. I am still amazed with the beauty that Anita, Jari and family are able to surround themselves with! From just down there to road, to Hatchers to the boat in "nowhere" (Anita can explain), beauty is every where! Amber took me to the iditarod headquarters and now I am anxiously awaiting for February 8th, when I am able to go back to Ely for another fun day of dogsledding! In the past 23 years, I have only been able to share Christmas with Anita twice! When Blayde was a baby and then in 1994 and now this year I was able to again! With so much fun, the week flew by to quickly. I'm thankful for the opportunity that I had to get know their kids all over again and to spend the time that I had with them. To think that the last time I was at their house is when Anita graduated with her RN degree! I simply cannot allow that much time to pass again!
To the Marjanen's: thank you so much for everything!
~jen~








2 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Interesting. Thank you for posting. Makes me wish we had high speed internet so we could post pictures also. Received an e-mail from Paavo Salmi in Muhos, Finland, with pictures and he hoped we would send him some in return. Had Isä take picture of our just washed car in our side parking lot showing this huge snow bank. That will be one we'll snail mail to Paavo. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

We thoroughly enjoyed having you here! Maybe next time around the weather will be a tad bit warmer and we can get out and enjoy it with sleds, skates and machines! Nothing like spending cold evenings with games of Settlers spread on the table .. chips, salsa, ice cream, pulla ... fun and laughs!
-a