Friday, January 09, 2009

Penguins

Every morning Anna walks out of her room swaddled in her blanket ... then heads to the bathroom to take a shower.

This morning she walked out and said something I thought sounded like "penguins". She was wrapped tightly in her blanket. I said, "huh?" She again said, "penguins". And this time I really heard what I thought I heard the first time. She followed that with, "penguins could live in my room".


I think we need to do some serious insulating in the basement before next winter rolls around!

This is looking down the hill over the top of the house. The wood stove heats as much as it can, but it is not big enough to keep wood going all night long.

3 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Reminds of my mom getting up early to get a fire going in the kitchen stove as the old stove in the living room didn't heat the whole house and neither did the other stove until they got the furnace.
Well, anyway, you may remember the
story; during the war she'd pick up the papers that she had read in the evening to start the fire. When it was time to eat breakfast she went to get her dentures which she'd take out during the night, sometimes under her pillow or even
sometimes on the newspapers on the floor. They were nowhere in the bedroom. She looked in the wood stove and there were the melted dentures. Just reminiscing. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

That's great! :)
~jen~

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Missi and I know the feeling of living in penguin habitat we also hope to have a lot more insulation in before next winter. Three words for you "heated mattress pad". #9