Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Again

Another one of those weeks ... topped by a fabulous weekend.

Sunday night started the flu bug. It has been a very long time since I had 3 people upchucking at the same time in the same house. Yuck! Alyx first. Then Jari, Anna & Tia were sick in tandem. Brock escaped the whole experience. Not surprising .. he has been known to do that. Blayde stopped in one evening and I highly recommended he grab his stuff and leave. I never made it to the extreme the others did, just felt yucky enough to justify good long naps!

I put my brain to work once again and took an ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) class on Wednesday & Thursday. Not sure I can manage to keep any of you alive if I need to, but I can probably try a little better now! That is over with.

Friday evening Frans & Jenny came and visited. It was quite a traumatic evening. I lost a pitiful game of Settlers. Alanys must be growing or something. Haven't seen quite so many knocks on a noggin in one evening. Amazed she had a noggin left on her when they left! Amber Bratt, a young friend of our childrens', came to visit for the weekend & flew in on Friday evening.

I actually worked a Saturday. Okay. I am spoiled. I usually am scheduled Tuesday and Thursday. Someone was feeling quite envious tonite when I left work. I asked her if she'd like to switch days with me tomorrow. She can come teach Roman History and I'll go to work. She actually declined! We had sort of made plans to go to California for the weekend before I knew that it was actually Youth Camp as well. Tia chose to go to Youth Camp. My wonderful and awesome hubby came up with a great plan. He would drive with the kids (Alyx, Amber, Anna, Brock & his friend Ben) Saturday morning and I would fly in the evening after work. Marvy plan!! That's what we did. While I wiped buns at work ... they did the drive to San Diego, visited Silver Strand State Beach, went shopping, pool swimming, hot tubbing and chillin'. I was able to digest half of an awesome book while waiting for my plane and while flying. Anna must share with you her experience of valet parking ... wish I had been there to see it while the experience was still 1st day new!

Sunday we had breakfast at Denny's. The girls surprised me with a wonderful bunch of roses! Then we did some walkin'.
My knees still hurt!!

We toured the USS Midway which was really amazing. We strolled and strolled and strolled some more! The air was a bit chilly for these Arizona folks to be doing any swimming in the ocean, so we did other things. Went to Belmont Park again. We were there a few years back riding the same rides. I declined rides .. just enjoyed watching. I told Jari in the morning that he couldn't let me be a fuddy duddy that day. Back to the hotel to swim for an hour & on the feet again. Seaport Village was rather lifeless. Sunday evening must not be the time to be there. Should have gone there in the morning .. next time we know. I found a book called the Happy Book. Am going to post lessons for all of you. It is the 30 day plan. I'll try and do one a day. If I can't manage it, I'll double up. Was a neat book. Sunday night we were just a bit exhausted!

Monday .. the drive home. A stop at the sand dunes near Yuma where the sand was so hot that you burned your feet running in flip flops. No! Not through the bottom of the shoe! I said go for it .. I'll sit and watch. Heat is making me increasingly nauseated. I shudder to think of what my electric bill will be this summer if we have to pay one here. Is going to be massive ... I am having mental heat stroke. We picked up Tia, dropped off Ben and came home for 1 1/2 hours. Then off again. Our week for church cleaning. Off to mops, vacuums & window squeegies. Back home again to hang out and wait for Blayde to share his birthday cake. We have a 20 YEAR OLD SON!! And no, I don't feel a bit older .. just incredibly fortunate!

Another biggie this past week is that Blayde started and nearly finished the moving out project. He is sharing a rental house with 2 other guys on the other side of town. He started full time at Discount Tire several weeks ago and his job is on the other side of the world. I am going to cheat and share a photo with you. Hope he doesn't mind. He also added another special someone to HIS household. Her name is Lady and she is an absolutely adorable Boxer puppy. We all love her ... tinkles and all!

Enough of all that. Was a busy week. This week/weekend look to be a bit quieter. Not going anywhere. Having another Open House on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Maybe I'll bake some pulla!


Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Looks like fun trip. I want to go back to San Diego. What a great place to visit.

Blayde's LADY is so cute. Who is he living with? Can you e-mail me his new address?

I've got my fingers crossed for you already (makes for an interesting typing experience).


Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

H again:
Who is the author of the Happy Book?

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Went to Eric's graduation at Alexandria Tech. About 130 law
enforcement grads. Brought tears to my eyes when the bell tolled as
each name was read of those past
grads who lost their life in the
line of duty. Enjoyed burgers,
brats, etc. at Randalls later. Among the guests were the parents of the Amber Anita speaks of on the
Blog. When we got home lifted the
hanging baskets to the shelter of
the patio roof, covered our window box and this morning the sprinkler
got turned on to spray the veggies
that are up. Temp was 35° on
thermometer but that's too close
to freezing to take chances. dk

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

hey I sure wouldn't mind you emailing his new address to me too!


Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

If I had his new address I'd love to forward his mail there too! I don't have it yet. I'll get it and send it on to you.

The author of The Happy Book is Sally Huss.

My mail pile feels ceiling high and am attempting to clean through it this morning. Then a visit to the dentist. Then I hope the rest of a final unit of History for Brock. School ends for him next week and we are attempting to get done as much as we possibly can before that happens!

Have a great day.

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

well sounds great cute puppy balyde. I got shievers when they rang the bells for the officers it washe most amazing graduation i've ever been to, i am very glad that i as feeling semi-ok so mom let me go, i didn't have a fever any more and i could walk for a few minutes without getting dizzy and just about falling over. -debbie

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

I'm waiting to see some pictures from graduation on here...
Wish we could have made it.