Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One Down

I can check one off of My "Before I turn 50" list.
I took Anita's advice and used my good china for Tanner's birthday dinner on Sunday. We had shredded roast beef with all of Tanner's favorite side dishes. I served jello in my good china bowls along with a smashing table setting good enough to to feed a king and topped it off with with kool-aid served in wine glasses. I used all of my good serving bowls and the kids found it to be a very special evening. Great idea. I will now use my China for every special occasion: birthdays, first day of school, losing a tooth, last day of school, etc. Sure makes for great memories! I had fun!
Thanks for the idea Anita!!!

7 comments:

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Sounds like fun Jody. I can't wait until Tanner has his own children and tries to convince his wife that they should pull out the china for their child's birthday party.

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Happy birthday Tanner!!
Jenny

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Jody, I was just replying to your 'things to do before I turn 50 list', and my comment was qiute lengthy, when Alanys came and pushed the button to turn off my computer!! So I will do it again another time:)
Jenny

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Sounds like using the good dishes
made it an extra special 16th
birthday. Something he will also
remember for a long time, the 1st of many occasions to use the good
dishes. Wish everyone would put
their initial or something so we
can recognize you. dk

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!
Heather

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

That does it ... I'm serving on china tonite as well. Today Alyx is registering for high school. That is a mighty special occasion. 16 years ago I thought I'd never have a daughter of my own ... now she heads to high school!!

Kuoppala's & in-laws said...

I love it!!! Alyx will enjoy it as well! Our kids will always remember these special occasions when Mom brought out the good china. (smiles)