Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Weekend up North






Memorial Day Weekend was spent on the Range! Got to Liz's late so wasn't able to help with the work, but did get to help with eating! Saturday I was able to visit with Denise before she left for work and then Gary stopped in. Chatted with him, ran to town, and then went to see his house. The last time I was there he hadn't even had the windows in yet! And now he has a barn. I am always amazed by the talents that people have, and Gary's is no exception. The work he did to make the barn look so phenomenal is indeed talent and am glad that I was able to see! From his house, I ran to Laurie's and was able to visit with Kathy and see her new little pup.
Sunday an enjoyable time was spent with Laurie and Tristan. Laurie had a fire going and I was mesmerized how the cutouts in the fire ring appeared to have faces! In the evening went to Heather & Shawn's for a bbq. While there was able to snap some pics of her animals along with laughing and visiting. Monday was back at Laurie's to finish taking down the wall paper in the kitchen and then to Heather's to play games. Lets see what next weekend brings. . . Will I go back to the Range or go to the apartment and get some crafts done? Time will only tell, but at least I have posted something on the blog! :) Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend! Jody, were you able to get your fishing in yet? David, we were talking about you on Sunday and thinking of whether or not we should call and sing you a "Happy Birthday", instead we sang it together to ourselves while thinking of you. Hope you had a happy day!
~jen~

6 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Yes, the garage, now box stahls
looks awesome. Isn't that Friesian
one huge horse? Kathy's dog looks
like a miniature Max. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I told Gary that there is no way I would be able to get on to that one even if I was standing on something! A very beautiful horse, though!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Do you have pics of the outside of the barn?
When we were there last the house was a dream.
-a

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I took some, but they didn't turn out the best. I am probably going up there this weekend again, if not then the following. I know Gary would like me to take some more pictures of the horses as well. So will at that time. Just seeing where the poles were put up for the electricity I found amazing! The second field and the edge of the woods look so different. I told him before he cuts down a lot more I would love to take a walk out there and snap some pictures. The memories only stay fresh for so long! If the weather is nice will do that when I am up there! Would be neat to hear all the memories that people have. When Charlie was looking at the pics he asked where the potatoe patch was in comparison to the house!

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Were you able to tell him? Isä
thinks the house is a little further east than the potato patch.
His new driveway comes to the west
edge of the potato patch. dk

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

That is exactly what Gary told me and I tried to tell Charlie! :)
~jen~