Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heidi turns 2 and has a birthday party

Heidi was so excited for her birthday party. 2 days prior, she was singing "Happy To You, 2 days". The day of her party resulted in a very short nap, but lots of hugs and kisses for Mommy out of sheer delight. When we sent out the party invites, the first person she said she wanted to invite was "sister". She took an invite and gave it to Hailey in the swing. When she heard her "sister" go her a present, she gave her a hug, kiss, and said "thank you sister". PRICELESS!

The day of her party, she practiced blowing so she could blow out the candle on her cake

I don't think she left Aunty Liz's side from when she arrived until she left :)

Velma made it to the party...

"Pappa" and Roger

Mindy Adkins with Hailey

Sylvia

Grandma and Cindy

A very poor picture of "Pappa Walter"

Uncle Randy

Loy Adkins with Hailey.
I couldn't get a good picture of the Adkins boys Rowdy and Gunnar as they never really sat still while I had the camera out; Heidi's pictures are mostly blurry too as she never really stopped moving :)
Uncle Dave and his girlfried Lisa and her son Joe were here as well, but I didn't get a picture of them. A houseful of people to help the little princess celebrate turning 2!!
(Shawn has to build an addition on the house just to hold the toys and gifts she got.... Sylvia is always trying to give Heidi more dolls. We keep saying she has enough, but they got her a doll for her birthday anyway. I counted up her dolls and we are up to 16 of them for a 2 year old!!!!) That doesn't count the stuffed animals... What are we to do with 2 girls in the house now :)

4 comments:

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I think Velma is so cute. Mom

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

The pictures are great! I agree with Mom that Velma is cute. Does she seem to being okay? I so need to stop in there the next time I'm up north, haven't seen her for quite awhile. ~ Still chuckling over "happy to you-2days", that's adorable!
~jen~

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

Jen: When she was here, she had a cold. I know Teresa told me that Velma isn't driving as much anymore so Teresa picks her up for church sometimes. I think she is slowing down, not getting around as well as she used to.
H.

Kuoppala and Inlaws said...

I was going to say that it is amazing to have 2 people who are 89 years of age at a 2 year olds birthday party :)
H.